Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Affiliate Marketing!

**Disclaimer**

This is not a "pay-for-post", this is an honest to goodness Affiliate product which means that I get a portion of the sale if someone buys the book! I use this book, I love it, I reference it daily and it was worth every penny.

**End Disclaimer**

Ok, I know I've been remiss in posting on this blog but I have started a couple of other blogs and am building a site around another concept as well as doing all of the research required to make a go of this whole thing without having to pay a "consultant" 5 Grand to take me through a power point in some lame webinar, so thanks for coming back and for your patience.

So far I have found in my research, 6 ways to monetize a blog site:


1. Google Adsense - check!
2. Affiliate Marketing - check!
3. Selling Advertising - not ready for this one yet.
4. Donation Buttons - you'll find this button and a "how-to" tutorial on this site later this week!
5. Selling Products for others
6. Selling my own products

This post is about Affiliate Marketing, one of the hottest ways of monetizing a blog site:

Here's the low down; you connect with other marketers who want referrals from your site, you post a link on your site which leads to theirs, the referrals leave with a cookie which identifies your site as the referring site. When one of your referrals purchases something on that site, then you get a piece of that action, generally to the tune of 50% of the sale.

Neat right? Here's an example of how I plan to monetize my Tango site, which I just got up and running and has yet to be monetized as I'm still building traffic and content. At this site I plan to connect with Affiliates in the Travel industry who specialize in travel to Buenos Aires the Mecca of Tango. When a viewer goes to the travel site and buy plane tickets or a travel package, I will receive a portion of that sale.

Everyone wins, the viewers are getting information on Tango from my site, the affiliates are getting traffic which they would never have gotten, and I receive a portion of the sale for the referral. It's beautiful!

So where did I learn about Affiliate Marketing? Well I did about two weeks of research and reading on the subject, there's plenty of information on this subject, all you have to do is Google it and start reading. Or you can just go the best source I have found:

The Super Affiliate Marketing Handbook!

Ok this is the BIBLE, for how to do affiliate marketing. The author of this book is brilliant, and has broken the art of Affiliate Marketing down to an easy to understand and duplicatable science.

From this book, you will learn everything you need to know to get started and to excel at creating affiliations. I won't go into further detail here but will just say again that this book contains EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW. Period end of story.

Most "training" manuals sold for hundreds of dollars on the net are basically selling you half the story the, and the "content" ends up being a pitch product which will try to sell you on more ebooks, seminars and consulting services. This book covers it all, just check it out, it will save you time and money, at the very least it will save you two weeks of research.

I have posted a quick review and link to the book below, tell me what you think!

-lg



<spanSuperAffiliateHandbook hspace=15 src="http://www.superaffiliatehandbook.com/images/SuperAffiliate4_3.gif" width=121 align=left border=0>Read the amazing true story of how one woman, with no previous business experience, earned 436,797+ in 2002 and now earns MUCH MORE than that ... just by selling other people's stuff online!



In her down-to-earth, sincere and often humorous style, Rosalind Gardner guides you through the entire process of building an affiliate marketing business on the 'Net.



Frequently revised and updated to reflect industry changes, the Super Affiliate Handbook now consists of 235 pages and 235 screenshots that will show you step-by-step how to become a Super Affiliate. , you'll learn how to pick the best programs, negotiate a commission raise and save time, money and effort on everything from affiliate software to web hosting.



To learn exactly how she does it, Click Here.


No comments: