Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Here is yet another way you can monetize your site!


Many of you may have noticed recently that there is now a Paypal Donate Button on my site it looks like this


and it's off to the right.



To many bloggers this button is also euphemistically known as a "Tip Jar".

Basically it is a place where those who are so inclined can leave a couple of bucks for the author of the site. At first I thought it was kind of cheesy but after I got a few donations I thought...'what the heck?'.

Here's how to set one up:


1. http://www.paypal.com/


2. click on merchant services link: or here, https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant&nav=3


3. click on their "donate" option: or here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick-donations-factory


4. fill out the form, select your button. note: go with the "button encryption", actually whenever in doubt, I always opt for encryption...it's safer that way.


5. create the button and grab the HTML on the following page, and post it wherever you need.


If you have any questions, just drop me a note!



Cheers everyone!


lgblogger

2 comments:

Struggling Parents said...

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure that out on my own. But a have a big problem with comprehending this, as I can read, re-read and read it again, it take me a long time. But eventually I get it. This is very helpful thanks...

me_as_a_project said...

Excellent! That's great, keep going and let me know how it goes! Also, I have some other posts regarding web stores and such, so check back in a few days. lg